The reason why this Blog is called a 'Media-Microscope' is because this is a 'cold case' investigation where the true story is only now being revealed for the very first time - by anyone - by focusing on that idiom "the devil is in the detail". Unlike that idiom, which apparently no one is sure how it originated; details involving the creation of Radio Caroline can be taken apart, line item by line item, and we can know much more about the real story behind the creation of Radio Caroline.
Fortunately we have a road map. Actually, it is a railroad map that when followed, leads to the clues necessary to unraveling this mystery that so many writers have glossed over. Once we know the foundational details, then we can get back to addressing the problems that Harry Spencer ran into with a firm at Dundalk, and from there, we can also begin to comprehend the mess that George Saunders ran into. So although this is extremely tedious work, it is also extremely necessary: because no one else has been willing to microscopically analyze the details before now, and it all begins with a coat of arms for a defunct railway company.
However, I should also add that a basic grounding in relatively recent Irish history, and the genealogical record of the O'Rahilly family, must also be reviewed in conjunction with the geo-political lines drawn on a map of Ireland, in order to understand just what did happen, and why it happened in 1964 at Greenore. This is why this we need a 'media-microscope' in order to spot the 'devil in the details' that all of the other writers have obscured from view. Fortunately for us there is an expert in untangling the story of the O'Rahilly family, and it can be located at https://humphrysfamilytree.com/ORahilly/the.orahilly.html Here is an abbreviated version:
1. Michael Rahilly was born c.1765. He was always listed as "Rahilly" and not "O'Rahilly". Michael Rahilly married Ann Sullivan c.1795 and died c.1820. Their lineage included:
2. Michael Joseph Rahilly was born in 1810 and in 1836 he married Margaret McEllistrem. He died in 1849. Their lineage included:
3. Richard Rahilly was born in 1839. He married Ellen Mangen in 1868 and died in 1896. Their lineage included:
4. Michael Joseph Rahilly was born in 1875. He sailed for New York in 1898 where he married Nancy Brown in 1899. Both were wealthy and their honeymoon was a tour of France, Austria and Italy. They returned to New York and had a child in 1900 and in 1902 they traveled to Ireland and had a son who was born in 1903. In 1904 they moved to Hove, England where Egan who became known as Aodogán, was born that same year, and then they went back to the USA to take over his his wife's failing business in Philadelphia, Pennsyvania. The couple returned to Ireland in 1909, and that is when Michael Joseph Rahilly became involved with the Gaelic language revival movement and began restyling his name as "Rathaile" and "Ua Rathaille". He began calling himself "The O'Rahilly" in 1911.
In 1916, with the Rising about to draw to its failed conclusion, ".... he led 12 volunteers down Moore Street in Dublin in an attempt to set up another garrison. However, he was shot and died in a doorway." (Quoted from: 'The Irish Times': 'O'Rahilly memorial unveiled in Dublin'; Saturday, April 30, 2005.) His wife Nancy died in 1961. Their lineage included:
5. Egan John Eoin O'Sullivan O'Rahilly was born in 1904 at Hove (Brighton), England. He later began writing his first name of Egan as Aodogán. In 1934 he married Marion O'Connor who was possibly born in Philadelphia, Pennsyvania. Her father had emigrated from Ireland as a boy. In 1932, it is claimed that Aodogán and Marion bought their house plans for a future home in Ireland, from Macy's Department Store in New York City. It has been claimed that these plans represented 'Macy's 1932 House of the Year' which had been built inside the store. However, that information has not been verified by other sources at this time. Marion died in 1994, and Aodogán died in 2000.
To be continued tomorrow.
[Amended text on July 19, 2020 to incorporate item from 'The Irish Times' regarding the death of Michael Joseph Rahilly, ("The O'Rahilly").]
Click above: All human beings are freeborn, but false recitals of the past opens the door to the false idea that some human beings are born superior to other human beings, and the result is human enslavement.
From our bookshelf: a horrific and hidden story that exposes the British Crown (that created the GPO back in the year 1660 to censor communication), which enslaved White people in order to settle their colonies! They were the Crown's blueprint to also turn Black people into slaves!
Watch video interview with the authors.
More from our research library shelves: Here is a book you should read because it exposes acts by the Royal Family of Belgium, to the horrors of slavery in Africa. It is exposed in part by one of the early leaders who tried to liberate Ireland from the slavery imposed on Ireland by the British Crown!
King Leopold III of Belgium also has links to the work of
Herbert W. Armstrong regarding his financing of British offshore radio: This will also be exposed
FREE OF CHARGE
within updates of our continuing serial Blog!
Click for our previous academic series.
Click for our earlier research into the financial backing of the UK offshore radio stations of the 1960s.
Blog Archived Editions